Take action now & Simplify Outdoor Access for all – Before it slips away, People For Bikes reminds us that it is the Great Outdoors Month, and they are celebrating by taking action. The Simplifying Outdoor Access for Recreation Act (SOAR, s. 1665) introduced back in May 2019 by Senators Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) & Martin Heinrich (D-NM) may be the best solution to streamlining the current convoluted federal permitting processes for outdoor recreation on US public lands.
This Great Outdoors Month, People for Bikes is asking that you help move this key bipartisan legislation forward by urging your U.S. senators to add their name as cosponsors. They try to make it easy with a draft letter that you just need to sign onto. If you want to make a difference, follow that link, fill out the form, and share with your representative how you feel about making it easier for everyone to enjoy the outdoors. Do it, then go ride your bike.
Where to Ride & Race
- Jeroboam Italy & Czech Republic registration now open – From Sept 20-22 the 3rd annual running of the Jeroboam Gravel Challenge (75, 150, or 300km of gravel) will take place close to Bergamo in northern Italy. You can register now before the end of June to get an early bird discount for 55€ for the race. At the same time, the first running of a Czech Jeroboam will take place as part of the 3-4 day Bohemian Border Bash bike festival Sept 12-15. Registration for the Big Bash 300km Jeroboam is open now for 150€, including camping, food & beer for the entire weekend’s festivities!
- C Bikxt week – BCBR is one of the toughest races to
- Race the Trophy of Nations enduro for Vittoria – Italian tire maker Vittoria is looking for 3 riders to join their pro Vittoria Enduro Team at the 2019 Trophy of Nations in Finale Ligure, Italy this September 28-29. They want some enthusiatic amateur enduro racers ready to go full gas with their team! #VittoriaIsVictory. Do you fit the bill? Head over to their site to put your name in the hat from now until the end of July. Vittoria.com
Gear tidbits & deals
- Muc-Off Pressure Washers back in in stock in the UK – Released into the muddy UK market back at the start of June, Muc-Off’s bicycle specific pink Pressure Washers sold out their initial production run in 72 hours. Now Muc-Off has them back in stock, and they are selling starting at £80 to cyclists in the UK, Republic or Ireland, Cyprus, Malta & Hong Kong. Muc-off teases the rest of us again that they are ” coming soon worldwide”! Muc-Off.com
- Save 40% off in Après Vélo’s Mega Sale – Après Vélo closes out their fiscal year with a major sale to close out stock. Starting already yesterday and running through Monday, the 1st of July, they are offering a 40% discount code unique to our readers. Save on everything in stock (except closeout items already at 80% off) with code: BR40 at checkout.
- Save 15% off Campy Le Tour cycling cap – Le Tour de France is a round the corner, just a week to go. Are you ready? For years Campagnolo has accompanied riders through the demanding roads of France to end in yellow on the Champs-Élysées. Cheer on the next vainqueur in the Classic Campagnolo Cycling Cap style. Campagnolo.com
- 50% off Restrap camera accessories – Many know Restrap just for their bikepacking & touring bags, but they also make some great camera straps & accessories. To further celebrate their 10th anniversary, Restrap is offering half off all of the camera gear for a limited time – use code: 10YEARS50OFF at checkout. Restrap also have added some strategic foam blocks to the fitting of their bar & saddle packs to make them even more stable while riding. Restrap.co.uk
- Ocoee bikes are in stock & shipping now – Click it. Ship it Rip it. The full line of the Litespeed-family ABG consumer-direct carbon Ocoee bikes are rolling off the line right now, which means you can order a new all-road, gravel, or mountain bike online and get it shipped pre-assembled to your doorstep in time to ride before next weekend. They even offer 0% APR financing for 12 months apparently. All-road starts at $2350, gravel at $2450 & full-sus trail at $3900. Full details here, or order from: OcoeeBikes.com